A few years ago a friend of mine introduced hill sprinting as part of my weight training exercise. Since then I have fallen in love with it. In this article I will explain how I have benefited from hills sprints and how to build muscle and burn fat faster. I try to get out and do hill sprints at least once a week simply because I don’t have much time since my normal exercises are pretty intense.
So today I want to offer you a few reasons you should include hill sprints in your training regimen, even if you’re currently overweight. If you are overweight you can start by brisk walking up hills and as it becomes easier you can slowly switch to jogging up hills. Then when jogging or running becomes easier you will eventually sprint.
1) Anyone Can Do It – You may think of sprint training is going 100% all the way until eventually you’re exhausted and fall over. However, if you’re overweight what you need to do is work into it.
2) Takes Very Little Time – I do my sprints out in the hills of Killiney, takes only 15-20 minutes, and I’m back in the house afterwards. If you don’t live near a hill you can always do your sprints on a treadmill at an intense speed. You can set the incline of the treadmill to mimic hill training. Most thread mills have it. I do this if i don’t feel like going out in the cold, especially if you live in Ireland, the weather is awful.
3) Sprinting Increases Metabolism – Hill sprinting is a great way to improve your athletic performance and your body will respond by increasing your metabolism even when you sleep at night. Hill springing is so much better than regular Cardio such as cycling or jogging.
4) The Love for Sprinting – When you first try hill sprinting you might hate it but the more you do it the more enjoyable it becomes, as you will be looking forward to doing your next sprint session. After a while it becomes a fun challenge, especially when you start seeing the results. It becomes such an enjoyable experience.
5) The Benefits of Hill Sprinting – We all age as the years go by, but resistance training and spiriting helps you look and feel a lot younger. Sprinting or Interval training increases your HGH, which helps you to burn a lot more calories in less time than regular exercise.
Hill Spiriting and Interval Training have become very popular with people who are trying to lose weight and burn fat in a short amount of time.
It will tone your muscles, increase your strength, build up your hamstrings and gluteus tremendously. It is truly a rejuvenating exercise to help combat fatigue and stress.
You can do interval training in a variety of ways, such as on a bicycle, stairs, hills and even a stair master. The main thing is to enjoy it and watch the weight fly off you!