Not every morning, do I have time to cook protein pancakes, but when I do, I like to experiment with different recipes and flavors.
Most mornings, before hitting the gym, I have a protein shake with porridge oats or boiled eggs or an omelette, but this morning I decided to cook up some delicious high protein oatmeal pancakes instead.
If you are tired of eating the same breakfast every morning, trust me , it won’t take long to cook up these tasty pancakes and they will keep you energized before and after your morning workout.
Hats off to Dave Ruel’s book, “Anabolic Cooking“, it has definitely helped me cook healthier meals that are essential for building muscle and keeping the body fat low.
In this recipe, I use vanilla whey protein, But it’s really a matter of choice which protein brand or flavor you want to use. I use “Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein“.
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- Whey protein (Vanilla)
- Sliced strawberries or red berries (whichever fruit you prefer)
- Pour 1 cup of oats into blender
- Add 1/2 cup of almond or skimmed milk into the blender
- Add 4 Egg Whites (if you have egg beaters, you can just add the equivalent of 4 egg whites)
- Add one scoop of vanilla whey protein powder (I use ON Gold Standard Whey – you can use whichever whey protein you want).
- Add 1 tbsp of cinnamon (just to make you pancakes a little sweeter).
- You are now ready to blend all the ingredients in your blender, until the mix is thick.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat.
- Spray some zero calorie spray or sprinkle roughly a tbsp of olive oil onto the pan.
- Then just carefully pour the mixture onto the pan.
- Allow the mixture to sit on the pan until bubbles form, then turn over to cook the other side until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove pancakes and place them on a plate.
- Add some sliced strawberries or any fruit you enjoy.
Optional: If you want to add an extra bit of flavor to your pancakes you could add a tbsp spoon of stevia, honey or syrup. – The choice is yours!