Some people like to eat tuna out of a can, but it tastes even better when you use it to make delicious mouth-watering tuna recipes.
Just recently I cooked this tasty tuna pasta recipe and all I used was some basic ingredients. A tuna that has a total of 200 calories, 5 grams of healthy fats, and 40 grams of protein.
This is good news for bodybuilders or for that matter, anybody who wants to gain lean muscle mass.
I’ve heard of people using feta cheese in this recipe because it’s high in protein. But I used mature white cheddar instead, because it’s all I had in the fridge.
This tuna pasta recipe serves 1 person, if you want, you can make obviously make two meals by doubling the amount of ingredients.
- 1 can of tuna, drained
- 1/3 cup mature white cheddar
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp olive oil drizzled over pasta
- If you want you can sprinkle some spices or flavors over the recipe before or after it’s cooked.
- Slice up ingredients (onion, tomato, scallions and cheddar cheese) and place on a plate.
2. Pour a cup of wholegrain pasta into a small saucepan of boiling water and allow it to cook for 10-12 minutes.
3. Drain the water completely then place the pasta back on the cooker under a medium heat.
4. Drain the tuna brine (water) from the can.
5. Next, empty the tuna over the pasta.
6. Add salad ingredients and mix gently.
7. Mix everything together and allow it all to cook for another 5 minutes, stir regularly.
8. SERVE & ENJOY!
If you like the look of this recipe, then please share it on social media and most of all, cook it for yourself and let me know if you like it.