“You don’t have the time or energy to workout?”
Well, I’ve been using the same excuse myself since I moved to London a few months ago.
For several years I was able to make it to the gym at least, 4-6 days per week, but in the past 2-3 months I’ve only managed to squeeze in 2-3 days.
I’ve been really busy at work so finding the time was definitely a problem for me.
Really, I don’t want to bore you with that.
However, the good news is, my back in the gym again with a proven way to build as much muscle mass as quickly as possible. So, since my time is limited I’ve decided to spend just 60 minutes in the gym, 3 days per week.
Obviously if I had enough time in the day, I’d still be doing four or five day split routines. So I just got to make the most out of the time I have available.
My goal is to gain muscle mass and strength as quickly as possible so the obvious choice since i’m short on time, is to follow a full body training routine with a rest day in between.
This gives the body sufficient time to recover, which is a very important factor in muscle growth.
Recommended By Old School Bodybuilders
Old school bodybuilders like, Steeve Reeves, Reg Park and George Eiferman) recommended doing full body workouts 3 times per week using a full body workout routine. And many of today’s bodybuilders still envy the success they had.
Last time I done this program was in my early twenties and made crazy strength and mass gains in 2-3 months.
And so can you!
If you dedicate and train hard enough you too can make extraordinary gains fast.
The Full Body Workout Consists Of:
Doing heavy basic movements like deadlifts, squats, overhead press and bench presses works ALL major muscles of the body and triggers full body anabolism.
These exercises are known as compound exercises.
Here is a sample 3 day workout routine I’ve been following along with since the start of the new year.
You can do this program on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If those days’ don’t suit you then pick 3 other days in the week instead.
You should be able to get this done in an hour or less if you take 1 minute rest between each set.
3 Day Full Body Workout Routine For Building Muscle Mass And Strength
- Barbell or Dumbell Flat Bench Press – 1 to 2 sets of 8 reps
- Incline Barbell or Dumbbell Bench Press – 1-2 Sets of 8 reps
- Barbell Deadlifts – 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Barbell Squats – 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Standing or Donkey Calf Raises: 2 to 3 sets of 12 to 20 reps
- Overhead Barbell or Dumbbell Press: 2 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dips or close grip bench press: 2 sets of 8-12 reps
Points To Remember
- I suggest doing a few light warm ups sets before your main workout.
- All working sets should be worked very hard, which means the very last rep should a bit of a challenge to do.
- If you are finding it easy, then increase the weight in small increments after each set. (eg 1.5-2.5kg)
- Complete this routine 3 Days per week, with one day off in between (eg. monday, wednesday, friday).
For all the skeptics wondering about rear delts, traps, forearms, let me tell you that the above routine works every major muscle groups simultaneously and will help build size and strength.
This workout routine will also release huge amounts of testosterone and growth hormone in response to demands put on the body’s nervous, metabolic and cardiovascular systems.
Performing exercises like barbell curls or triceps push-downs won’t cause the same kind of anabolic response.
This workout routine isn’t suitable for every person but top bodybuilders have been following this routine for a long time now because it works.
If you follow this routine consistently for the next eight to ten weeks and eat clean healthy food, I have no doubt you will make serious gains in muscle size and strength. Remember to keep a training log to track your progress and you won’t go wrong.
Give it a go and keep me updated on your progress.